WW1 Britse leger treinwagons

Vragen, besprekingen over het historisch materieel.
Plaats reactie
Chris from Australia

WW1 Britse leger treinwagons

Bericht door Chris from Australia »

Goedemorgen, mijn naam is Chris en ik ben uit Brisbane, Australië. Het spijt me dat ik spreek geen Vlaams, een schuld van een typisch Anglo stijl onderwijs. Ook spijt me als dit Microsoft taalvertaling slecht is.

Ik hoop dat sommige Belgische spoorlijn liefhebbers annuleerteken helpmenu. Ik ben het opbouwen van een 12 meter lange modelspoor vertegenwoordigen de WW1 militaire spoorlijn verrichtingen van Australische operationele spoorwegmaatschappijen als onderdeel van het Britse leger Railway operationele divisie (ROD) en de lichte spoorwegen. Bewerkingen, van de Casualty Clearing Station tot de loopgraaf trams onmiddellijk achter de frontlinie zal in standard, meter en 60 cm meters tonen. Omdat de meeste van de locomotieven zijn Britse zal de normaalspoor en 60cm spoorbreedte worden gebouwd in 1/76 OO en OO9 meten, terwijl de Meterspoor HO zijn zal, zoals ik heb in geslaagd om enkele van de uitstekende Belgische "rollend materieel" kits.

Tijdens WW1 ongeveer 20.000 goederenwagons werden gebouwd voor de "stok" NORD van de Franse en Belgische ontwerpen en deze werden overgedragen aan de NORD en Belgische spoorwegen post WW1. Ik wil vertegenwoordigen deze wagens in mijn staaf treinen. Ik heb plannen van enkele de NORD wagons op http://www.wagons-passions.fr maar ik heb niet gevonden soortgelijke tekeningen, plannen of afbeeldingen voor de Belgische wagons.
Kunnen leden van The Grand Belgische trein Forum me helpen met het plannen van de wagons WW1 Britse leger ROD, afbeeldingen en eventueel andere websites?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Chris

Good Morning, my name is Chris and I am from Brisbane, Australia. I apologise that I do not speak Flemish, a fault of a typically Anglo style education. I also apologise if this Microsoft language translation is poor.

I am hoping some Belgian railway enthusiasts can help me. I am building a 12-metre-long model railway representing the WW1 military railway operations of Australian Railway Operating Companies as part of the British Army Railway Operating Division (ROD) and the light railways. It will display operations from the Casualty Clearing Station to the trench tramways immediately behind the front- line in standard, metre and 60 cm gauges. Because most of the locomotives are British the standard gauge and 60cm gauge will be built in 1/76 OO and OO9 gauge, whilst the metre gauge will be HO as I have managed to get some of the excellent Belgian rolling stock kits.

During WW1 about 20,000 freight wagons were built for the “ROD” to French NORD and Belgian designs and these were transferred to the NORD and Belgian railways post WW1. I would like to represent these wagons in my ROD trains. I have found plans of some the NORD wagons at http://www.wagons-passions.fr but I have not found similar drawings, plans or images for the Belgian wagons.

Can members of The Grand Belgian Train Forum help me with the WW1 British Army ROD wagons plans, images and possibly other websites?

Regards,
Chris
Patrick

Re: WW1 Britse leger treinwagons

Bericht door Patrick »

Hi Chris ;-)

Do you know this (Belgian/Dutch) forum?
http://www.forumeerstewereldoorlog.be/

You could give it a try to ask your question there.

Kind regards

Patrick
Chris from Australia

Patrick,

Thank you. I did not know of that forum, I will also ask there.

I asked here as the ROD wagons made to Belgian designs were transferred to the SNCB after the war where I believe they were used for many years and I imagined that relevant drawings/plans and images of the wagons from the 1920's, 30's and possibly later would more likely be available from fellow railway enthusiasts and modellers.

I do know that your nation has preserved a British-built ROD Type 19 locomotives (979) and one possibly more "Anglais" wagons from the metre gauge Vicinal networks.

Cheers,
Chris
Chris from Australia

These images are from a British magazine "The Engineer" of 19 Nov 1919, they are one of the "European" design covered wagons produced by the British during the war for service in Belgium and France:
Bijlagen
WD 20 ton van kit.jpg
WD 20 ton van.jpg
Chris from Australia

The image below shows the British War Department 20 ton van converted during the 1920's, by the Etat Belge for the ferry service to the UK. The drawing (and the images) are from an article by Peter Tatlow and was published in British Railways Illustrated, August - September 1993, pages 284-296. The information was shared by a generous member on the British RMWeb forum. Note that the description of the first and second drawing have mistakenly been transposed.

Cheers,
Chris
Brisbane
Australia
Bijlagen
post-15168-0-28138000-1488405195.jpg
post-15168-0-22729400-1488405216.jpg
Chris from Australia

Apologies for the images being rotated, not sure why it did that.

Chris
Plaats reactie