Belgium Class 55 locos at Brussels.

Voorlopige place-holder voor topics tot deze in de juiste categorie geplaatst zijn. Hier geen nieuwe topics openen!
Plaats reactie
Welsh_John

Belgium Class 55 locos at Brussels.

Bericht door Welsh_John »

I am a 64 year old railway enthusiast living in the UK and am hoping someone is able to help me please?

I was travelling on a coach trip through Brussels on 19 December 2011 at about 1000 local time. Outside Brussels Nord were two class 55 locos together. I am hoping somebody is able to help me to identify these locos please. Also is there an online listing of Belgium and Netherlands loco classes with their numbering?

Thank you

John (in Somerset, England)
Robin

Re: Belgium Class 55 locos at Brussels.

Bericht door Robin »

you were here at 19 december 2011? cool :D .

you mean these 55's? Numbers can be different as there are a few.
This picture is from a long time ago.
5511.jpg
AfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeelding
groentje

Bericht door groentje »

These 55 are specially adapted (coupling, safety system) to evacuate trains on the High Speed Line 1 (Brussels - France), and are stand-by in Forest (South Brussels), but as there isn't a tanking installation anymore, they have to make a trip to Schaerbeek (North Brussels) every now and then.
If they didn't have the red line (and TVM written under the number), they might have been machines of the infrastructure department at Infrabel.
Bibke

Bericht door Bibke »

groentje schreef:These 55 are specially adapted (coupling, safety system) to evacuate trains on the High Speed Line 1 (Brussels - France), and are stand-by in Forest (South Brussels), but as there isn't a tanking installation anymore, they have to make a trip to Schaerbeek (North Brussels) every now and then.
If they didn't have the red line (and TVM written under the number), they might have been machines of the infrastructure department at Infrabel.
For information: tanking means refueling.
Ik ben abonnee van “OP DE BAAN”, U ook?
www.pfttsp.be
www.cfbocq.be
www.retrotrain.be
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
Steve

Bericht door Steve »

You might also see other remaining 55s on some occasions, such as these guys (5523 and 5528) in Brussel-Noord hauling a measurement train (a modifed I11 carriage):
Afbeelding
groentje

Bericht door groentje »

Dan denkt een mens eens dat hij wat Engels kent :mrgreen:
Bordensteker

Bericht door Bordensteker »

Welsh_John schreef:[ ... ]Also is there an online listing of Belgium and Netherlands loco classes with their numbering?[ ... ]
http://www.belrail.be/E/fiches/index.html
However, these pages in the English language appear to exist no longer ... so in the end I found only the version in the French language:
http://www.belrail.be/F/fiches/index.php

Wikipedia information (in Dutch):
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorie: ... gmaterieel

And for The Netherlands:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlands ... gmaterieel

Zijn er hier mensen die nog andere lijsten op het internet weten van Belgische en Nederlandse locomotieven?
Bibke

Bericht door Bibke »

groentje schreef:Dan denkt een mens eens dat hij wat Engels kent :mrgreen:
Trek het u niet aan. Als ik geen vliegtuigtechnieker was, wist ik het waarschijnlijk ook niet. :wink:

Nog een anekdote:

We waren in de States en we moesten de fuel uit het vliegtuig halen maar dat is single point refueling en defueling (2verschillende punten), dus je hebt een tankwagen nodig. En wij, Belgen, noemen die tankwagen een leegzuiger wanneer het vliegtuig voor herstelling leeg gezogen moet worden.

Wel één van onze bazen ging naar de Amerikanen telefoneren en vroeg een EMPTY SUCKER.
Die Amerikanen wisten niet wat ze hoorden en begrepen er geen bal van.

Groentje, je komt er dus nog niet zo slecht vanaf. Het was wel te begrijpen.
Ik ben abonnee van “OP DE BAAN”, U ook?
www.pfttsp.be
www.cfbocq.be
www.retrotrain.be
AfbeeldingAfbeelding
Welsh_John

Bericht door Welsh_John »

Thank you to all who replied.

John
Plaats reactie